Aug 11, 2008

AUGUST 2008 - Three Fests This Month!

August is turning out to be a busy month for festivals. We're still awaiting our Bay Area premiere, but here are three this month to tell your friends about, and a great one coming up in October:

Nevada City Film Festival
(August 14-17)
A/S plays Saturday at 4pm at the Magic Theater. If you've never been to Nevada City, it's a beautiful bohemian town in the foothills of the Sierras. And just 2 hourse from oakland, so we'll be attending.

Palm Springs International Shorts Fest
(August 21 - 27)
The film plays Saturday at 11am, but hey, that's what happens when you enter the student category! I won't be there, as I have to go to a wedding on the East Coast, but if you know someone in the area, let me know so I can give them my comp tickets.

Peace on Earth Film Festival (August 29 - 31)
Our new strategy is entering every fest with the word "Peace" in the title. And it's paying off! In the face of such violence, Ben really showed a commitment to peace. We were selected (this morning) to play this festival in Chicago. I may attend, they haven't set our screening times yet.

Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival (October 17 - 26)
I'm especially excited to show the film at this world famous documentary festival in Arkansas. That's right, Arkansas! It's great to have the film recognized by this documentary community. I plan to be there, although we don't have a screening date yet. Stay tuned!

We look forward to seeing you or your friends at any of these fests! And as always, please let me know if you're coming and I'll see about sharing any complimentary tickets.

No comments: